Telluride Film Festival 50th Anniversary: 2023 Student Symposium Application
A once-in-a-lifetime, life-changing experience awaits your students at the 2023 Telluride Film Festival. This is a rare opportunity to participate in one of the best and most established film festivals in the world!
Application deadline is March 31, 2023
Application here: https://www.telluridefilmfestival.org/students/symposium
The 2023 Student Symposium is now accepting applications from ALL college students. We are seeking:
- The best and brightest of students representing a variety of study disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds. Students need not be film majors.
- Those who appreciate vigorous intellectual and philosophical debates with their colleagues about film, its art and politics, storytelling—and anything else that comes up.
Basic program details:
- The Symposium is a rigorous six-day program providing approximately three films a day, Festival events and intimate discussions with filmmakers and artists like Hirokazu Koreeda, Jane Campion, Asghar Farhadi, Kelly Reichardt, Barry Jenkins, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Tilda Swinton, Francis Ford Coppola, Errol Morris, Werner Herzog, and many others.
- TFF dates are August 31 – September 4, 2023; the Student Symposium begins on August 30.
- The Symposium is a unique opportunity that provides a valuable and exciting addition to your students’ studies, regardless of major. The primary deciding factor for acceptance is the applicant’s passion for film.
Please find our online application at www.telluridefilmfestival.org/students/symposium.
College and university faculty throughout the country have learned the value of the Telluride Film Festival and Symposium in their students’ studies (no matter their majors). Many of you may be past participants yourselves, so you have firsthand experience of this program. We ask you to please invite other faculty members—especially those in non-film departments—to encourage their students to participate in these programs. Please send us contact information for others who should receive this information directly.
Important additional information from TFF – CALL FOR ENTRIES: TFF showcases new and emerging student works in a series of short film programs at the Festival, and we have a submission category dedicated solely to student filmmakers. Entry forms are available at www.telluridefilmfestival.org as soon as the submission period begins April 15, 2023.
Attending the Festival on a budget: If students (or you!) are interested in simply attending, the Cinephile or Acme Passes are a great way to experience the Festival while keeping a budget in mind. Additionally, our University Seminars Program works with professors who bring their own groups of students to Telluride to provide an extra dimension to their Festival experience. Or, for a true behind-the-scenes view, please volunteer! For all information about passes, education programs and volunteer positions, please visit our website: https://www.telluridefilmfestival.org
Membership Services / AdhésionTo join or renew with FSAC, please click here to access Membership Services.
Pour se joindre à l'ACÉC ou pour renouveler votre adhésion, cliquez ici pour accéder aux services aux membres.
For more information about membership benefits, click here.
Pour plus d'informations sur des avantages d'adhésion, cliquez ici.