Sheridan is currently seeking to fill an Interim Associate Dean position (14-month contract) within the Animation and Game Design programs. The successful candidate will be a strategic and operational leader, balancing and aligning the vision, objectives and planning of Sheridan with those within the FAAD. The Interim Associate Dean is responsible for providing leadership to faculty, staff and students in a number of specified programs within the Faculty.
With a leadership approach that is inspiring, inclusive, responsive, collaborative, creative, and nimble, the Associate Dean position will cultivate a workplace of inclusivity and diversity while continuing to strive for outstanding course curriculum and delivery.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Building (with faculty) a strong identity, positive reputation, and clear sense of mandate and direction for the School/Department and Faculty through the achievement of shared educational objectives that are current, effective, relevant to student needs and workplace expectations, as well as consistent with the strategic direction of the College and Faculty;
- Strategic planning and actively participates and is instrumental in the development, implementation and leadership of the Faculty strategic plan as part of the academic planning process of the College;
- Providing leadership in ensuring a high quality of teaching and faculty commitment to professional development and currency in their discipline, profession and industry;
- Facilitating a sense of shared responsibility among faculty and staff for the strategic development and management of enrolment plans, program budgets and effective and efficient allocation of work and resources to address both immediate operational requirements and longer-term program and institutional priorities;
- Leading strategic development and management of budgets including an efficient allocation of fiscal and physical resources to services.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for education, a Masters degree (Ph.D. is an asset), and ideally, a proven track record of outstanding leadership experience within a post-secondary institution.
Sheridan is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalized and equity-seeking groups, particularly members of BIPOC communities. Persons with a disability may contact the Human Resources department to request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
Consideration of candidates will begin September 4, 2020; however, the posting will be “Open until Filled.” The anticipated start date for this position is November 1, 2020
Details : https://sheridan.njoyn.com
Membership Services / AdhésionClick here to join FSAC and access Membership Services.
Cliquez ici pour se joindre l'ACÉC et accéder à des services d'adhésion.
For more information about membership benefits, click here.
Pour plus d'informations sur des avantages d'adhésion, cliquez ici.